Vishakha is a voluntary organization working for empowerment of women, young people and marginalised communities. Since 1991 we have been working with communities, institutions and the state to challenge iniquitous gender norms, and working creatively to enhance opportunities for learning, education, countering violence and accessing health and well being
We believe all people, particularly women, girls and young people must have the opportunity and avenues to discover their own selves and also the knowledge and the agency to challenge the power relations that impact their lives. Only this will lead to a wholesome and equitous life with dignity. Our work focused on counselling and well being
Since 2014, Vishakha has been implementing a programme with target population as youth which involved the development of two distinct models of Counselling- Counselling services integrated with a Youth Resource Centre and Counselling services in educational and training institutions for young people. During this work, Vishakha developed a contextualized ‘Gender equitous, Well-being focused, Empowerment-oriented Counselling Framework’ for young people. Vishakha also felt the need to address paucity of structured training programmes aimed at equipping helping professionals to provide interventions which address psychosocial distress while recognizing the socio-cultural realities in which the distress may be located. Guided by these aspirations, Vishakha collaborated with TISS and jointly designed curriculum and conducted bi-annual course to train helping professionals in designing holistic and contextually relevant strategies for engaging adolescents and young people and for providing psychosocial interventions to them.
POSITION – Coordinator : Youth Interventions & Counselling
Vishakha has been implementing “Creating individual and systemic support to address psychosocial issues and enhancing well-being of the students studying in Kota “.Here in strategies will include creating Youth resource centre and hang out places -a safe space for youth for their capacity building, providing counselling services to them towards their psychosocial well-being, building an enabling environment to reach out potential youth and creating supportive environment for the intervention. . Such a youth focused intervention with a ‘well-being orientation’ can enrich their self-worth and empathy for others and strengthen their will and capacities for finding solutions while taking others along and in the spirit of rights and justice.
We are looking for highly motivated professional working with youth for their empowerment and wellbeing.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall coordination and management of the program
- Mapping and networking with local service providers (government/voluntary sector/private) and sensitizing them in the area of psychosocial well-being ( mental health)
- Facilitating outreach session to build understanding as well as creating awareness about the intervention
- Providing youth pertinent counselling to youth.
- Organising and implementing youth focused activities
- Documentation of programme processes, activities, impact, outcomes, learning, challenges.
- Creation of IEC material (visualization and documentation) as per need of the institution or program
- Providing input in all field locations on youth counselling & mental health issue.
Interested applicant must have:
- Master’s degree in Psychology / Social work / Counseling ,
- 3-5 years’ Experience of working with young people/ counseling & mental health.
Key attributes & Skills
- Able to take initiative and lead a team.
- Excitement to work with a youth- centric approach.
- Creatively design youth engaging activities & materials.
- Openness & flexibility to review and improve Counseling practice and other youth interventions.
- Network and collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Good Knowledge of MS office & internet.
- Good communication skills in Hindi & English.
- Manage the local office.
- Willing to commit time for at least two years.
- Willingness to travel
Location: Kota, willing to travel in field locations (kola city, Jaipur city, Bagru , Salumber )
Salary: Salary shall commensurate with the experience and qualification. Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Application process: Interested candidates are requested to send their updated CV and a covering note about the suitability for applied position. Please include at least one writing sample. Only short listed candidates will be intimated for the interview. Please apply ASAP, as screening would start on arrival of applications and last date of submitting applications is 28th Feb 2019.
Applications may be mail to firstname.lastname@example.org Please mention the position name in subject line for which you are applying. . If you need any further details about the program you may call us on 01412980614
Our correspondence Address is
Flat Number 106 1st Floor,
Naman Residency II, Krishana sagar,
Phone Office 0141-2980614,+917230018123